Monday, March 14, 2011

God chooses you!





I am so glad that spring has finally arrived! It was a long, cold winter. We have been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather. Basketball in the front yard, trampoline and playing with the dog in the back yard, and a trip to our favorite park - Chau Ram! Isaac found raccoon prints. Mama and baby. That was cool.

I have been reading the bible in large quantities lately. I am reading the bible in 90 days. When I first heard about this, I thought, "why would anyone want to do that?" But I am really enjoying it. Some days it is hard to get all the reading in and I am behind by a day but that is ok. I am learning things I did not know before. I am getting a better understanding of when things took place and God really does speak through His word even when you are reading a lot at one time. Two things that God has been speaking to me about this year. He started saying this to me before I started reading the bible in 90 days but He is reinforcing it now. He said, "I love you and I choose you". That does not sound too thrilling until you stop and think about who said it. God almighty! The maker of heaven and earth! He is all powerful, all consuming, all knowing, always present! What more could I ever want or ask for! God loves me! God chooses me! And the best part is, if He loves and chooses me, He also loves and chooses you! God loves you and God chooses you! If it wasn't so, He would not have put it in His word. God has a plan for your life. All you have to do is ask. God really only asks for one thing from us, and that is to love Him above all else. He just wants a little of your time. He doesn't want you to focus on a long list of does and don'ts. He wants a relationship with you. He already knows that you are going to mess up and make mistakes. He just wants you to spend time with Him daily, just like you do your spouse or children or friends. Anyone who you love and want to have a relationship with. That is what God tells me. Just spend some time with me. And when I do, I always feel much better and have a much better day and a much better attitude. So that is my sermon for the day. God loves you! God chooses you!

No comments:

Post a Comment