Monday, January 1, 2018

Good Riddance 2017!

I am not one to enjoy seeing one year end and another year begin because I think time flies and would love for it to slow down a little, but, this is one year that I am glad to get behind me. I can honestly say that this was the worst year of my life. And Russ will agree. We describe it as the year we walked through Hell, stared death in the face, and lived to walk out the other side. I am very grateful to be moving into a brand new year.

With that being said, I just want to say that we are so very blessed! Even among the hardships of 2017, there were blessings sprinkled all throughout that made the Hell bearable. God has shown us what His love looks like through people. Relationships healed and real friendships shining through the dark. You really learn what is important and just how precious friends and family really are. Russ and I got to spend the first three weeks of 2017 in Mexico. And even though it was for treatments, we got to spend every afternoon and evening together in a beautiful hotel right on the Caribbean Ocean. We had the privilege of bringing our boys to Mexico in April to experience a different culture. Something I always wanted to do. I look forward to experiencing many other cultures with them. Russ is alive and healing after too many close calls. And the sweetest blessing is the birth of our first grandchild, Briar Lauren. She has brought more joy into our lives than I thought possible in the face of such suffering. The fact that Russ is still with us and is on his way to recovering is our biggest blessing of 2017. 

Now to put the past behind us and look forward to what lies ahead. I am going into 2018 with a brand new beginning. I have big plans for this year. It is a year of restoration and renewal. Last year was a year of survival. 2018 is a year of blessings and abundance and excellent health. My focus right now is on our overall health. I neglected my healthy habits of eating and exercise and stress management because we were living in survival mode. But that is over and now for restoration. 

I am also focusing on my business which I had to put on hold last year. I love helping people live a healthier lifestyle and see the positive changes in their life. My business is my joy and passion. I look forward to what is in store this year. It looks like it is starting off strong. I just started a local healthy living support group, "A New You", on Facebook and have several people added already. I am starting a 10 day detox on January 2nd with several people joining me in that as well.

If I could encourage you in anything this year it is to look for the good. Smile even if you don't feel like it. Be kind and forgiving to everyone. Remember, you have no idea what they are going through or what they have been through. And have fun! Life is short, enjoy the time you have.

Here's to a healthy, wonderful, blessed, abundant 2018!

A few snapshots of 2017:




















No comments:

Post a Comment