Thursday, August 22, 2013

Garden Pickings and Homemade Body Wash

This week I have been busy taking care of some vegetables that we got out of the garden. I blanched, peeled, chopped, and froze the tomatoes. I blanched and froze the green beans. I chopped and froze the peppers. There is nothing like pulling your own bell peppers out of the freezer in January to add to your chili! I would have been shucking and freezing corn but the squirrels ate it all! Every ear! Then I made homemade body wash. All you do is grate a bar of soap of your choosing. Not a lotion soap though. Mix it in a large pot with 1 gallon of water and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. Heat it until the soap melts. Stirring occasionally. Then you let it sit for 10 hours until it thickens. Mine was still too thin so I mixed 3 tablespoons of salt in 1 cup of hot water and added that to the soap mixture. Several hours later it was nice and thick. I whisked it real good then poured it in a gallon water bottle and 3 shower get bottles. Not a bad deal for $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment